Swaddling has been practiced by almost every culture for thousands of years. Western societies, especially the United States, moved away from swaddling in the last century. But with the help of modern research that proves swaddling helps babies sleep better, it’s making a comeback as parents, caregivers and pediatricians learn its many benefits.
Swaddling in general:
- Helps babies feel safe and secure while adapting to life outside the womb
- A key concept of the “4th Trimester” that is so highly touted in recent infant care publications and studies
- Helps promote longer periods of sleep for newborns and infants
- Helps control the “startle reflex” and spontaneous arousals of newborns and infants
- Helps reduce fussiness, stress and other common sleep disturbances
- Reduces the risk of SIDS by letting babies sleep on their backs more comfortably
The TrueWomb® Sleep System was specifically conceived and engineered to address and fix the many issues with swaddling care products on the market today. And for the first time ever, TrueWomb® satisfies the industry’s “missing link” in swaddling care, which is the essential cornerstone of our sleep system. TrueWomb®’s one-of-a-kind features address baby’s swaddling care needs in a way never seen or done before and even help contribute to baby’s healthy growth and development during this critical phase of life.